These are the most powerful women in the world across the different professions.
Women are changing world and hold the important position in world where a single decision of any of them can bring the greatest impact in the world at any time. In today’s times world is full of powerful women but ever wonder who are the most powerful women in the world of 2020.
According to Forbes, an agency which releases the list of most powerful women around the world and other indices. Following are the top women.
- Angela Markel
- Christine Lagarde
- Kamala Harris
- Ursula von der Leyen
- Malinda French Gates
- Mary Barra
- Nancy Pelosi
- Ana Patricia Botin
- Abigail Johnson
- Gail Boudreaux
- She is 68 YO, married, born is Germany
- First female Chancellor of Germany came into power in 2005 and is serving her fourth term.
- Merkel proved to be the de facto leader of Europe, she is leading the region’s largest economy.
- She revive Germany from financial crisis and back to growth.
- An October 2020 survey found 75% of adults in 14 European countries trust Merkel more than any other leader in the region.
- She was 4th in the list of most powerful women in the world in 2018.
- She is a 65 YO French women, currently living in Washington, District of Columbia.
- The first lady to head the European Central Bank on November 1,2019.
- She ran the IMF from 2011 to 2019, first lady for that also.
- She was ranked 22 in the list of most powerful women in the world in 2018.
- Kamala Harris is a US citizen, 56YO.
- First woman, first black person, and first south-Asian-American vice president of USA.
- Her mother was from India and her dad was from Jamaica.
Ursula von der Leyen
- She is 62YO and an Belgium citizen.
- She was appointed president of the European Commission, the executive branch of the European Union, in July 2019.
- She is the first woman to serve in the role, which is responsible for legislation affecting more than 700 million Europeans.
Malinda French Gates
- Age 57, Ex-wife of Bill Gate.
- In early May 2021, Bill and Melinda Gates announced they were getting divorced but will still remain co-chairs of the foundation.
- Source of Income – Microsoft
- She is 59 YO, and a citizen of USA.
- First lady to lead one of the big three automaker’s in USA.
- Shei is the serving CEO of GM since 2014.
- Barra has invested billions in electric vehicles, self-driving cars and a ride-share service called Maven.
- She was ranked 53 in Most Powerful People in the world list in 2018.
- 81YO, United States citizen.
- First elected to Congress at age 47, Pelosi became the first woman to lead a major political party when she was elected as Speaker in 2007.
- She started her third term as Speaker in 2019; she regained the position after the Democrats retook the House in the 2018 midterm elections.
Ana Patricia Botin
- She is 60YO.
- A Spanish banker who has served as the executive chairman of Santander Group since 2014.
- She pulled off a coup in 2017 when Banco Santander acquired failing Banco Popular (BP) for 1 euro to become Spain’s largest bank.
- In February 2013, she was ranked the third most powerful woman in the UK by Woman’s Hour on BBC Radio 4.
- She is 59YO, USA citizen.
- Served as CEO of Fidelity Investments since 2014 up to 2016
- Her grandfather, Edward Johnson II, founded the Boston-based mutual fund giant in 1946.
- She owns an estimated 24.5% stake of the firm, which has$3.8 trillion in managed assets.
- She also featured in Powerful People 2018 list by Forbes in 2018. with rank 70.
- She is 61YO, USA citizen.
- She became CEO of Anthem in 2017. She was previously CEO of UnitedHealthcare, the largest division within UnitedHealth Group.
- With her industry experience, she has earned plaudits from peers and Wall Street alike; in the first two years of her tenure, the stock popped 20%.
READ ALSO – 10 Of World’s Hottest And Most Desirable Women