Saree Styles to Look Slim: Tips and Tricks for Flattering your Figure
Sarees are one of the most elegant and versatile pieces of clothing that women can wear. It’s a classic piece of clothing that is known for its grace and sophistication. However, when it comes to wearing a saree, some women may feel a little hesitant, especially if they are not very confident about their body shape. Wearing a saree can be a bit tricky, but with the right style and accessories, anyone can look slim and confident in a saree.
In this article, we will discuss the tips and tricks that will help you to look slim and flattering in a saree. We will cover various aspects such as saree draping styles, fabric choices, accessories, and color coordination. By following these tips, you can enhance your appearance and confidence, making you look slim and stunning in a saree.
Choose the Right Fabric The first step towards looking slim in a saree is to choose the right fabric. Always opt for lightweight fabrics like chiffon, georgette, and crepe as they tend to cling to the body and drape nicely. Heavy fabrics like silk and velvet add bulk to your frame, making you look wider. Moreover, if you are a bit curvy, then opt for fabrics with smaller prints or solid colors, as they create an illusion of a slimmer frame.
Choosing the right Saree Drape Styles.
Draping a saree in the right way can do wonders for your body shape. There are many saree draping styles, but not all of them will flatter your figure. Here are some draping styles that can make you look slimmer:
Nivi Style: The Nivi style of draping is the most common way of wearing a saree. This style involves tucking the saree at the waist and then wrapping it around the body, with the pallu draped over the shoulder. This style accentuates the curves of the body, making you look slim and elegant.
Butterfly Style: The butterfly style is perfect for women with a slightly heavier midriff. This style involves tucking the saree at the waist and then taking the pallu over the shoulder, creating a butterfly-like pleat. This style conceals the tummy area and accentuates the bust and hips, making you look slimmer.
Bengali Style: The Bengali style of saree draping is perfect for women with a heavy bust. This style involves tucking the saree at the waist and then creating pleats at the front. The pallu is then draped over the head and the shoulder. This style creates an illusion of a slim waistline and enhances the curves of the body.
You may like – How To Remove Dark Spots Caused By Pimples And Best Daily Skin Care Routine
Accessorize Wisely Accessories play a crucial role in completing any look, and the same goes for sarees. Accessorizing the right way can enhance your appearance and make you look slimmer. Here are some tips on how to accessorize wisely:
- Jewelry: Jewelry is an essential accessory when it comes to sarees. However, wearing heavy jewelry can add weight to your frame, making you look wider. Opt for lightweight jewelry, such as small earrings, a delicate necklace, and a simple bracelet. These pieces of jewelry will complement your saree and make you look slimmer.
- Footwear: The right footwear can also make a huge difference in your overall appearance. Opt for high heels or wedges that match your saree. High heels add height, making you look slimmer, and they also give an elegant look to your overall appearance.
- Clutch: A clutch is a must-have accessory when wearing a saree. However, avoid carrying a bulky or oversized clutch, as it will add unnecessary weight to your frame. Opt for a small or medium-sized clutch that matches your saree, which will enhance your overall look.
Why color coordination matters?
Color coordination is an essential aspect of fashion and dressing up. It involves combining colors in a way that creates a harmonious and pleasing effect to the eyes. When it comes to dressing up, color coordination plays a crucial role in enhancing your overall appearance and making you look your best. The colors you choose to wear can either make or break your outfit, and therefore, it is essential to understand the importance of color coordination.
You may like – How To Whiten Teeth? Try These Simple Things To Get Whiter Teeth.
Here are some reasons why color coordination is crucial in fashion:
- It enhances your overall appearance: The colors you choose to wear can significantly impact your overall appearance. When you choose colors that complement each other, it creates a harmonious effect that enhances your overall look. On the other hand, choosing colors that clash can make you look awkward and mismatched.
- It creates a cohesive look: Color coordination is essential in creating a cohesive look. When you choose colors that complement each other, it creates a harmonious effect that ties your outfit together. This creates a cohesive and polished look that is visually appealing.
- It reflects your personality: The colors you wear can reflect your personality and mood. Bright and bold colors can reflect a fun and outgoing personality, while muted and neutral colors can reflect a calm and composed personality. Choosing colors that reflect your personality can make you feel confident and comfortable in your outfit.
- It sets the tone for the occasion: The colors you choose to wear can set the tone for the occasion. For example, wearing bright and bold colors to a formal event can be inappropriate, while wearing muted and neutral colors to a casual event can be too understated. Choosing colors that suit the occasion can create a suitable and appropriate look.
- It complements your skin tone: Color coordination is also essential in complementing your skin tone. Wearing colors that complement your skin tone can make you look radiant and glowing, while wearing colors that clash with your skin tone can make you look dull and washed out. Therefore, it is essential to choose colors that complement your skin tone to enhance your overall appearance.
You may like – 10 Habits That Make You Age Faster
Choosing the right colors is also crucial when it comes to looking slim in a saree. Here are some tips on color coordination:
- Monochromatic: Wearing a monochromatic saree can create an illusion of a taller and slimmer figure. Opt for a saree that has the same color from top to bottom, or choose shades of the same color to create a monochromatic look.
- Dark Colors: Dark colors are slimming, and they also add a touch of elegance to your overall look. Opt for sarees in colors like black, navy blue, and dark green, which will make you look slimmer and more sophisticated.
- Vertical Stripes: Wearing a saree with vertical stripes can make you look taller and slimmer. The stripes create an illusion of length, making you appear taller, and they also make you look slimmer.
Fit and Tailoring Another crucial aspect of looking slim in a saree is the fit and tailoring of the blouse. A well-fitted blouse can do wonders for your body shape. Make sure that your blouse fits perfectly, not too loose or too tight. If you have a heavier upper body, opt for a blouse with a deeper neckline or a V-neck that will elongate your neck and make you look slimmer.
Wearing a saree can be intimidating, especially if you are not confident about your body shape. However, with the right style and accessories, anyone can look slim and flattering in a saree. Choose the right fabric, draping style, accessorize wisely, color coordination, and fit and tailoring to enhance your appearance and confidence. By following these tips, you can rock a saree with grace and elegance, making heads turn wherever you go. Remember, the key is to feel confident and comfortable in your skin, and that will radiate through your appearance, making you look and feel amazing.
Read Also – Mrs Chatterjee vs Norway: The real story behind the Bollywood movie
Read Also – “I underwent a $10K surgery to restore my virginity after a disappointing first experience”
Read Also – Fast and Natural Weight Loss: Tips, Strategies, and Supplements to Help You Reach Your Goals
Read Also – Indian Bride Ditches Car, Takes Metro To Reach Wedding Venue On Time