Table of content
- What is UAN?
- Why do you need UAN?
- Who can get UAN?
- How to get UAN?
- Uses of UAN?
What is UAN – Universal Account Number ?
UAN is a 12-digit number issued by EPFO to the employee having PF account. It is a permanent number for every individual and remains same throughout. Just like PAN – Permanent Account Number.
Why do you need UAN?
UAN is a one-stop solution for you every PF related matter that is there for an employee.
- Online Claim (Form-31, 19, 10C and 10D)
- Account Transfer
- UAN – KYC
- Passbook Download
- Marking Exit
- UAN Card
Who can get UAN?
Any employee who come under the PF Regulation, can get a UAN.
How to get UAN?
Generally employer provides the UAN to employee directly after registering him/her in PF scheme under their company registration. So you can get it from your employer if your employer has registered in PF scheme.
When an employee requires to change his/her job company, the employee does not require new UAN. He/She can provide the older UAN to new employer.
- Go to UAN Member Portal
- Click on UAN allotment for existing PF link
- An OTP – One Time Password will be sent to you.
- System will fetch your data from the Aadhaar Repository and it will auto populate the detail.
- Click to obtain your UAN. ( You will also receive a sms of your UAN on your registered mobile number)
Document For New UAN Number.
To generate new UAN number the only document required is Aadhaar card.
But then you need complete your KYC by your self in your account for further activity.
Other document that are mandatory for any claim on UAN member portal
- Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Bank Account ( Bank account number, IFSC , Cancel cheque or passbook copy)
Significance of UAN
UAN is a universal account number which means that it will remain same. Whenever an employee changes the job the employee will get a new PF id based on the employer registration. Employer can link all the ids with the same UAN number and the entire process of fund transfer and withdrawal becomes easy.