India Celebrating 75th Independence Day – 15 August 2021 | Know Some Facts And Celebration
India is celebrating its 75th independence day on 15 August 2021. On this day India got independence from the British rule in the year 1947. Ever since 15 August is celebrated as a national holiday in the country to acknowledge and celebrate this special day.
It was this day 15 August in 1947 when the first prime minister of independent and sovereign India, hoisted the national flag at Red Fort. Marking the beginning of new era of the whole nation and its people.
Independence day celebrations
- This day is celebrated by proud Indians through out the country and abroad.
- 15 August is observed as a national holiday.
- The prime minister begins the celebration by hoisting the national flag and Red Fort.
- Prime minister delivers a speech to the nation and reflect the vision and achievements and our future path.
- Prime minister pay tribute to the freedom fighters, martyrs who lost their lives for protecting the nation.
- In northern regions of India kite flying is observed as a symbol of freedom.
- Organizations, small or big, like school, welfare societies, gyms etc observe their own flag hoisting event.
Some facts on Independence day
- Though both the countries India and Pakistan got Independence on same day, but Pakistan celebrates its Independence day on 14 August.
- At the time of Independence India did not have any National Anthem, though Jana Gana Mana was written back earlier in 1911, but it was recognized on January 24, 1950.
- On this day national holiday is observed in remembrance of freedom fighters who gave their lives for the independence of India.
- There are 5 countries who celebrate their Independence Day on same day as India – Bahrain, North Korea, South Korea, Congo and Liechtenstein.